Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 7:01 PM EST on January 29, 2015, expires at: 12:00 PM EST on January 30, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon EST Friday...
- precipitation type...snow...sleet and freezing rain.
- Accumulations...4 to 8 inches of snow accumulation. Ice accumulation a trace to a few hundredths of an inch.
- Timing...a mixture of snow...sleet and freezing rain through mid evening will change to all snow tonight and continue through Friday morning. Additional snow showers are expected Friday afternoon.
- Temperatures...upper 20s to lower 30s this evening...falling into the upper teens and lower 20s tonight. Temperatures will continue to fall Friday into the single digits and lower teens.
- Winds...becoming west tonight at 15 to 25 mph with gusts around 40 mph. Northwest winds are expected Friday at 20 to 35 mph with gusts around 50 mph.
- Impacts...snow covered roads are expected tonight through Friday. Snow and blowing snow will reduce visibility below one-half mile at times...causing extremely hazardous travel conditions. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.