Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:04 am EST on January 26, 2015, expires at: 10:00 PM EST on January 26, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 10 PM EST this evening...
- locations...higher elevations from Greenbrier County east across the Virginia Highlands into parts of the southern Shenandoah Valley.
- Hazard types...accumulating snowfall.
- Accumulations...snow accumulation of 1 to 4 inches...with localized higher amounts along the ridges.
- Timing...through 10 PM EST this evening.
- Impacts...some roads may become slick and snow covered... especially bridges and overpasses.
- Temperatures...in the lower 30s. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.