Winter Storm Watch:
Issued at: 2:42 PM EST on March 3, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Wednesday night through Thursday evening... The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from late Wednesday night through Thursday evening.
- Locations...mountains of Greenbrier County...east into the Alleghany Highlands...southern Shenandoah Valley...and Blue Ridge of Amherst County.
- Hazard types...sleet and snow
- accumulations...as much as 3 to 6 inches possible...especially in the mountains of Greenbrier and Bath counties.
- Timing...rain changing to sleet by midnight Wednesday night...to all snow by mid morning Thursday.
- Impacts...snow and sleet will cover the roads leading to hazardous travel conditions.
- Winds...north to northwest winds of 5 to 15 mph.
- Temperatures...falling into the mid 20s to around 30 by Thursday morning. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.