Wind Chill Advisory:
Issued at: 7:06 am EST on February 13, 2016, expires at: 10:00 AM EST on February 14, 2016
- ...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST Sunday...
- locations...areas of Virginia...West Virginia...and North Carolina from the Blue Ridge westward.
- Hazard types...strong gusty winds...and very low wind chills.
- Wind chill readings...as low as 10 below.
- Timing...through Sunday morning.
- Impacts...very low wind chill values will lead to hypothermia and frostbite if not properly protected from the cold.
- Winds...northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- Temperatures...4 to 22 above. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and gloves. Rab