Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 7:49 PM EST on March 4, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from midnight tonight to 7 PM EST Thursday...
- locations...southeast West Virginia...east to the southern Shenandoah Valley.
- Hazard types...sleet and snow.
- Accumulations...snow and sleet accumulation 2 to 5 inches.
- Timing...rain will change to sleet shortly after midnight in southeast West Virginia...and by dawn in the southern Shenandoah Valley... then change to mainly snow between dawn and noon.
- Impacts...snow and sleet will lead to hazardous travel conditions.
- Winds...northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
- Temperatures...falling into the 20s Thursday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and sleet means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow and sleet are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The public is encouraged to report snow...sleet or ice amounts to the National Weather Service via email at rnk.Skywarn@noaa.Gov or at phone number 1...8 6 6...2 1 5...4 3 2 4.For additional weather information...visit US on the web at http://www.Erh.NOAA.Gov or at http://weather.Gov. Reports are also welcome on our facebook Page or twitter feed @nwsblacksburg.