Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 2:05 am EST on March 3, 2015, expires at: 1:00 PM EST on March 03, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 7 am this morning to 1 PM EST this afternoon...
- locations...Hinton West Virginia...southward through the New River valley of Virginia and including the Virginia foothills.
- Hazard types...freezing drizzle...light freezing rain and sleet.
- Accumulations...ice and sleet accumulation less than a tenth of an inch.
- Timing...7am this morning until 1 PM this afternoon.
- Impacts...periods of freezing drizzle...or light freezing rain mixed with sleet will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery icy roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.
- Winds...southeast 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
- Temperatures...in the upper 20s to lower 30s. Precautionary/preparedness actions... This Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing drizzle...sleet...or light freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.