Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 9:30 PM EST on February 28, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on March 01, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 4 am to 7 PM EST Sunday...
- locations...along and east of the Blue Ridge mountains.
- Hazard types...mainly sleet and freezing rain. A brief period of snow is possible at the onset.
- Accumulations...snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch. One to two tenths of an inch of ice likely. The highest amounts of icing will occur along and east of the Blue Ridge mountains.
- Timing...late tonight through 7 PM Sunday.
- Impacts...untreated roads will become hazardous for travel. Trees and powerlines will also get coated with ice which could lead to power outages.
- Winds...southeast less than 10 mph.
- Temperatures...in the mid 20s to around 30. Temperatures will slowly climb into the lower and mid 30s Sunday afternoon. Precautionary/preparedness actions... This Winter Weather Advisory means that a period of sleet and freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.