Areal Flood Watch:
Issued at: 3:53 PM EST on November 30, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on December 02, 2015
- ...Flood Watch in effect from Tuesday evening through Wednesday evening... The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a
- Flood Watch for portions of North Carolina and southwest Virginia...including the following areas...in North Carolina... Alleghany NC...Ashe...Stokes...Surry...Watauga...Wilkes and Yadkin. In southwest Virginia...Bland...Carroll...Floyd... Grayson...Montgomery...Patrick...Pulaski...Smyth...Tazewell and Wythe.
- From Tuesday evening through Wednesday evening
- up to 3 inches of rain is expected on Tuesday night and Wednesday. Heavier rainfall rates are possible with stronger showers as the front crosses through the area on Wednesday. This rain will be falling on soils that will already be saturated from earlier precipitation.
- Small streams and creeks may rise above bankful. Low water crossing and poor draining areas in urban locations may be flooded. At this time no flooding is expected along mainstem rivers...however...tributaries that feed into the Yadkin River...the headwaters of the New River...and the upper Dan River may experience flooding. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on current forecasts. You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.