Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 4:35 am EDT on July 5, 2015, expires at: 6:00 AM EDT on July 06, 2015
- ...Flash Flood Watch in effect from 11 am EDT this morning through late tonight... The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a
- Flash Flood Watch for portions of southwest Virginia and southeast West Virginia...including the following areas...in southwest Virginia...Bland...Smyth...Tazewell and Wythe. In southeast West Virginia...eastern Greenbrier...Mercer... Summers and western Greenbrier.
- From 11 am EDT this morning through late tonight
- excessive runoff from showers and thunderstorms in areas already saturated from recent rainfall.
- Flooding of streams...creeks...and roadways Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued. Mbs