Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:50 am EST on March 5, 2015, expires at: 10:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM EST this evening...
- locations...foothills and Piedmont of Virginia.
- Hazard types...sleet and snow.
- Accumulations...snow and sleet accumulation 1 to 3 inches...along with up to one tenth inch of ice.
- Timing...rain will change to sleet and freezing rain between 11am and 4pm. Sleet and freezing rain will change to snow between 3pm and 7pm.
- Impacts...snow and sleet will lead to hazardous travel conditions.
- Winds...north 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
- Temperatures...in the upper 20s to lower 30s by late afternoon. Precautionary/preparedness actions... This Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and sleet will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. The public is encouraged to report snow...sleet or ice amounts to the National Weather Service via email at rnk.Skywarn@noaa.Gov or at phone number 1...8 6 6...2 1 5...4 3 2 4.For additional weather information...visit US on the web at http://www.Erh.NOAA.Gov or at http://weather.Gov. Reports are also welcome on our facebook Page or twitter feed @nwsblacksburg.