Winter Storm Watch:
Issued at: 3:06 PM EST on November 24, 2014, expires at: 6:00 PM EST on November 26, 2014
- ...Winter Storm Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through Wednesday afternoon... The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from Wednesday morning through Wednesday afternoon.
- Precipitation type...snow.
- Accumulations...potential for six inches or more.
- Timing...Wednesday morning through Wednesday afternoon.
- Temperatures...upper 20s to lower 30s above 1000 feet. Lower to middle 30s below 1000 feet.
- Winds...northwest 5 to 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph.
- Impacts...roads may become snow covered and slippery...including Interstate 68 across western Maryland. This may have a significant impact on Holiday travel plans for Wednesday. Heavy amounts of wet snow may cause downed trees that lead to an enhanced threat for power outages. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.