Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 8:27 am EST on February 14, 2016, expires at: 10:00 AM EST on February 16, 2016
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 9 PM this evening to 10 am EST Tuesday... ...Wind Chill Advisory is cancelled... The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has cancelled the Wind Chill Advisory.
- Precipitation type...snow...sleet and freezing rain Sunday night through Tuesday morning.
- Accumulation...4 to 8 inches of snow and sleet. Up to a quarter inch of ice from freezing rain.
- Timing...snow will begin by midnight. Snow will continue through Monday before changing to sleet and freezing rain Monday night. Precipitation will end Tuesday afternoon.
- Winds...southeast around 5 to 10 mph.
- Temperatures..in the teens tonight...rising into the upper 20s and lower 30s Monday into Tuesday.
- Impacts...snow and ice will cause slippery roads and travel will be difficult. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet...and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.