Wind Chill Advisory:
Issued at: 4:42 am EST on February 12, 2016, expires at: 10:00 AM EST on February 14, 2016
- ...Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 11 PM this evening to 10 am EST Sunday... The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind Chill Advisory...which is in effect from 11 PM this evening to 10 am EST Sunday.
- Locations...areas of Virginia...West Virginia...and North Carolina from the Blue Ridge westward.
- Hazard types...strong gusty winds...and very low wind chills.
- Wind chill readings...5 to 15 below zero.
- Timing...tonight through Sunday morning.
- Impacts...very low wind chill values may lead to hypothermia and frostbite.
- Winds...northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph... starting to subside Saturday afternoon.
- Temperatures...teens to single digits. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and gloves. Mbs