High Wind Warning:
Issued at: 10:29 am EDT on March 12, 2014, expires at: 12:00 PM EDT on March 13, 2014
- ...High Wind Warning remains in effect until noon EDT Thursday...
- locations...the mountains and foothills of southwest Virginia...southeast West Virginia and northwest North Carolina.
- Hazards...strong gusty...potentially damaging winds.
- Winds...west 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
- Timing...from late this afternoon into Thursday morning.
- Impacts...downed trees and power lines. High profile vehicles will be susceptible to the stronger wind gusts. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph are likely to cause sporadic power outages...fallen trees...minor property damage...and dangerous driving conditions for high profile vehicles. Residents should move unfastened items...such as garbage cans and deck furniture...indoors.