Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:50 am EST on March 5, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
- locations...Roanoke and New River valley...southwest to the North Carolina mountains...and mountain Empire of southwest Virginia.
- Hazard types...freezing rain...sleet and snow.
- Accumulations...snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 4 inches...along with up to two tenths inch of ice.
- Timing...rain will change to freezing rain and sleet between 4am and 1pm. Freezing rain and sleet will change to snow between noon and 5pm.
- Impacts...snow...sleet and freezing rain will result in hazardous travel conditions.
- Winds...northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
- Temperatures...falling into the lower 20s to lower 30s by late afternoon. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. The public is encouraged to report snow...sleet or ice amounts to the National Weather Service via email at rnk.Skywarn@noaa.Gov or at phone number 1...8 6 6...2 1 5...4 3 2 4.For additional weather information...visit US on the web at http://www.Erh.NOAA.Gov or at http://weather.Gov. Reports are also welcome on our facebook Page or twitter feed @nwsblacksburg.