Mac and Bob’s restaurant closure extended because of fire

Published: Aug. 31, 2020 at 11:15 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SALEM, Va. (WDBJ) - Fire crews have extinguished a fire at Mac and Bob’s restaurant on Main Street in Salem.

The fire broke out Monday morning about 9:30; five employees were in the building at the time, but no injuries have been reported.

Salem Fire says the fire was accidental, caused by an electrical malfunction just above the main entrance.

There is significant roof damage as a result, plus smoke and water damage inside. The damage estimate is about $10,000, according to Salem Fire.

The restaurant was already closed for cleaning because of five employees having tested positive for COVID-19. It was supposed to reopen September 1; owner Bob Rotanz says it will now likely be closed a week or two more.

Copyright 2020 WDBJ. All rights reserved.