Advertisement

Lithium battery causes early morning fire at Morningside Manor

Published: Oct. 21, 2020 at 2:44 AM EDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ) - Roanoke Fire EMS responded to an early-morning fire Wednesday.

Crews were called around 1 a.m. to Morningside Manor, an independent living facility in southeast Roanoke.

According to the Roanoke Fire EMS, smoke had saturated much of the fifth floor when they arrived. Most of the residents on that floor were temporarily evacuated.

The cause of the fire was a lithium battery that exploded and filled the room with smoke.

The fire was out before crews arrived. No one was injured or displaced.

Copyright 2020 WDBJ. All rights reserved.