Gas leak at Salem Kroger leads to evacuation
ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ) - Nobody was taken to hospitals after a gas leak Thursday night at a Kroger store in Salem.
Around 8 p.m., people inside the Spartan Square Kroger started experiencing minor respiratory problems, according to Salem Fire-EMS. After Kroger staff called dispatch, they were told to evacuate the building just to be safe.
Brian Hollins, the battalion chief of the Fire and EMS Department, said Thursday night, “No problem, nobody was transported. During the search of the building to see if anything was found, we noted a natural gas smell and Roanoke gas is on scene to try to pinpoint the scene and mitigate the issue.”
Copyright 2020 WDBJ. All rights reserved.