Advertisement

One taken to hospital after fire at Danville’s Heritage Towers

Nearby residents were evacuated before being returned safely later Friday.
(WTVG)
Published: Mar. 5, 2021 at 9:39 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ) - One person was taken to a hospital after an apartment caught fire at the Heritage Towers (231 South Ridge St) Friday afternoon.

According to the Danville Fire Department, crews responded to a reported structure fire at 4:30 p.m. and found smoke coming from the second-story property. Bystanders told fire crews the person who lives in the apartment was injured. The victim was located near a room on fire within the apartment.

Another small fire was located at the unit.

The flames were extinguished.

Residents of nearby apartments were evacuated before being returned safely later Friday.

Copyright 2021 WDBJ. All rights reserved.