Roanoke building temporarily evacuated over ammonia leak
ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ) - A building in Roanoke was evacuated Monday morning following an ammonia leak.
Roanoke Fire-EMS responded to the 1400 block of Coulter Drive NW for a Hazardous Materials incident just after 8 a.m.
Crews found a 1,000-gallon cylinder containing ammonia that had leaked an unknown amount.
The department said everyone was evacuated and no injuries had been reported. According to a Tweet from the department, the building is being ventilated so occupants can safely return.
The department said there is no concern for the general public.
Copyright 2021 WDBJ. All rights reserved.