Strong to severe storms linger into the evening
Multiple chances of rain and storms are possible through Wednesday
- Scattered showers and storms linger into the evening
- Thunderstorms likely on Tuesday, some could be strong
- This slow moving system lingers through Wednesday
Scattered rain and showers linger into the evening hours likely tapering off before midnight. Skies will clear a bit, but we will remain very humid and mild overnight into the morning. Lows inthe upper 50s and lower 60s.
- SEVERE POTENIAL: SPC continues a MARGINAL risk for strong to severe storms into tonight so stay weather aware.
- RISKS: Large hail, damaging winds, and even an isolated tornado will be possible.
On Tuesday, it appears the start of the day may be dry. After a break and temperatures warming into the 70s and 80s another round of showers or storms is possible in the afternoon. These may also be strong to severe. The Storm Prediction Center has placed the western part of our area under a Slight Risk of severe weather and the eastern part under a Marginal Risk of severe storms. Remain weather aware during the afternoon.
The cold front associated with the same system that will bring rain chances on Monday and Tuesday will move through on Wednesday. At this time the timing of the front is uncertain. Some models have the front moving through in the morning and other have it later in the day. Once the front moves out cooler air will move in for the end of the week. Another system is expected late Thursday.
DOWNLOAD THE WDBJ7 WEATHER APP as we’ll send changes, updates and videos there first.