Advertisement

Family displaced by Danville house fire

.
.(Associated Press)
Updated: Jun. 13, 2021 at 6:45 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ) - Three people have been displaced temporarily by a house fire in Danville Sunday morning.

Danville Fire crews were called to the fire at 100 Hayes Court about 9:30 a.m. June 13. They found smoke coming from all sides and the roof of the single-story home, and determined everyone was safely outside.

Crews extinguished the fire, which was based in the basement and caused heavy fire damage to the basement and smoke damage to the main floor.

The Red Cross helped find temporary shelter for the occupants.

A Danville Marshall’s officer determined the cause of the fire to be improper use of electrical equipment.

Copyright 2021 WDBJ. All rights reserved.