Fire at Lynchburg elementary school leaves roof damage
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WDBJ) - The roof at Paul Munro Elementary School in Lynchburg sustained minor damage Friday after contractors working on repairs were using a heat gun that overheated.
Being a teacher work day, no students were present. All employees left safely with no injuries, according to Lynchburg City Schools.
As of 4 p.m. Friday, school officials and the Lynchburg Fire Department were still assessing the situation but school is anticipated to resume Monday.
Copyright 2021 WDBJ. All rights reserved.