Advertisement

Fire damages Danville home

Danville fire
Danville fire(KFYR)
Published: Nov. 27, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ) - Danville Fire Department says a fire at a home on Westmoreland Court was caused by discarded smoking materials.

Fire Captain Ken Jones says firefighters responded to a structure fire at 133 Westmoreland Court about 9:45 Saturday night. The first units on scene saw heavy smoke and fire coming from the side of the building, near a deck. Crews determined the building was unoccupied. They put out the fire with only the outside sustaining moderate damage.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021 WDBJ. All rights reserved.