Advertisement

Improperly discarded smoking materials led to Roanoke house fire, per fire officials

Published: Dec. 6, 2021 at 9:16 AM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ) - The cause of a house fire on Montrose Ave SE has been determined to be accidental due to improperly discarded smoking material, according to Roanoke Fire-EMS.

Two adults and a dog are getting help from the American Red Cross after their house was damaged by fire Monday morning, displacing them.

The fire in the 600 block of Montrose Avenue SE was reported shortly before 9 a.m. Crews found smoke and flames coming from the back of the home.

No injuries were reported, according to Battalion Chief Chad Riddleberger. The home sustained smoke and water damage.

Montrose Avenue House Fire-Roanoke
Montrose Avenue House Fire-Roanoke(WDBJ7)

Copyright 2021 WDBJ. All rights reserved.