Roanoke County Exxon fire ruled accidental

Courtesy: Roanoke County Fire & Rescue
Courtesy: Roanoke County Fire & Rescue(Roanoke County Fire & EMS)
Published: Dec. 6, 2021 at 8:56 PM EST|Updated: Dec. 6, 2021 at 8:58 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WDBJ) - No one was hurt in a business fire on Challenger Avenue Monday, according to Roanoke County Fire & Rescue.

The fire at the Exxon gas station and convenience store has been ruled accidental by the Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office. It was caused by the drink cooler and its associated components.

Courtesy: Roanoke County Fire & Rescue
Courtesy: Roanoke County Fire & Rescue(Roanoke County Fire & EMS)

Two employees and two customers were in the store at the time. The customers alerted the employees to the fire and everyone escaped unharmed, according to fire crews.

The flames were brought under control in around ten minutes. The store sustained significant interior smoke damages totaling about $40,000, according to the investigation.

Copyright 2021 WDBJ. All rights reserved.