Roanoke restaurant fire deemed electrical

Campbell Ave., parts of Market St., and Salem Ave. were blocked off near Market Square.
Campbell Ave., parts of Market St., and Salem Ave. were blocked off near Market Square.(Janay Reece)
Published: Sep. 19, 2022 at 1:40 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ) - A fire at a Roanoke restaurant has been ruled by investigators to be electrical.

Roanoke Fire-EMS was called late the morning of September 17 to the fire on the 100 block of Campbell Avenue SE in downtown Roanoke. Crews found there had been a fire at the front of a restaurant, Cedars Lebanese Restaurant, activating the building’s sprinkler system, which put out the fire.

No injuries were reported.

Damages to the building and its contents are estimated to be $13,000, according to fire investigators.