Community members providing gifts to senior citizens in need
ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ) - The ‘Be a Santa to a Senior’ program is in full swing across the Roanoke Valley and Lynchburg.
Community members can sponsor a senior citizen in need this holiday season by buying a few gifts off their wish lists. A dozen trees are scattered around Roanoke and Lynchburg with the name of a senior and what they need.
Once you pick a tag, you can drop off the unwrapped present where you picked up the tag and the company, Home Instead will take care of the rest.
Home Instead’s franchise owner explained how a small gift can go a long way.
”For some of our seniors, these gifts can really bring comfort to their lives,” Betsy Head said. “It gives them warmth when they maybe can’t afford to have the thermostat turned up as high as they want to.”
The program will accept gifts for senior citizens until December 9. Home Instead will deliver the gifts to nearly 500 seniors this year in the Roanoke Valley and another 500 in Lynchburg.
‘Be a Santa to a Senior’ trees can be found here:
- Dilly Dally, 1511 Eddy Ave., Salem, 24153
- District Vue Apartments, 2550 Orange Ave. NE, Roanoke, 24012
- Elderberry’s, 3565 Electric Rd., Suite E, Roanoke, 24018
- Elderberry’s Salem, 30 W. Main St., Salem, 24153
- Home Instead, 6349 Peters Creek Rd., Roanoke, 24019
- The Olive Garden Restaurant, 1925 Valley View Boulevard NW, Roanoke, 24012
- The Orchards Apartments, 5360 Orchard Hill Dr., Roanoke, 24019
- Twin Creeks Brewing Company, 111 S. Pollard St., Vinton, 24179
- Home Instead, 2085 Langhorne Rd., Lynchburg, 24501
- The Olive Garden Restaurant, 4038 Wards Rd., Lynchburg, 24502
Copyright 2022 WDBJ. All rights reserved.