One person injured after smoke found at Galax nursing home
Published: Feb. 4, 2023 at 5:43 AM EST
GALAX, Va. (WDBJ) - Patients of a nursing home are back in the building after having to evacuate in Galax.
It happened after just after midnight Saturday morning at the Waddell Nursing and Rehab Center.
Crews found smoke coming from the second floor and found a burned motor and wiring, which sent smoke into the facility.
Crews assisted staff in returning patients back to their rooms once the smoke was cleared.
One person was transported to Twin County Regional Healthcare for minor injuries from evacuating.
Copyright 2023 WDBJ. All rights reserved.