ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ7) Alison Conte with the Taubman Museum of Art stopped by WDBJ7 Sunday Morning to talk about the upcoming event, Art Go Bloom.
Caitlin Francis, WDBJ7
Conte is the event co-chair, and says there’s a lot packed into the event, which takes place May 16-19, and features fresh floral masterpieces inspired by works in the galleries.
During Art Go Bloom, the Museum host a number of fun floral-themed events, including:
* Fashion Go Bloom, a unique fashion show featuring handcrafted couture garments constructed from flowers and other plant materials by fashion design students at Virginia Tech. New arrivals from the spring collections of five local boutiques — Punch Boutique, She’s International, The Bird Cage, 310 Rosemont, and Frances Kahn — will be featured in a special runway show on May 16.
* High Tea at the Hotel Roanoke with Guided Exhibition Tour at the Taubman May 18
* Prosecco and Petals Brunch and Guided Exhibition Tour at the Taubman May 19
* Flower demo and workshop May 17
* Virginia Museum of Fine Arts On The Road Art Mobile parked outside of the Taubman May 16-19
* Art Go Bloom is free and open to the public, though donations are welcome. No registration is required to experience the flowers in the galleries.
* The companion events such as the fashion show, tea, workshop, demo and brunch have small fees, and registration is required for those.
* Additional info and registration links online at TaubmanMuseum.org/ArtGoBloom.