City of Lynchburg to begin enforcing curfew Tuesday night, asks citizens to follow voluntary measures Monday
Lynchburg Police will begin enforcing a curfew from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tuesday. City Manager Bonnie Svrcek called for people to observe a voluntary curfew Monday night under the same hours.
This move was made in response to destructive demonstrations Sunday.
This curfew will last until further notice, according to the City.
• Persons traveling to and from home, work or places of worship
• Hospital personnel
• Members of the press
• State and City of Lynchburg employees and volunteers
• Military personnel including, but not limited to, National Guard troops
• Employees of public utility companies
• Private emergency medical transport workers
• Persons seeking emergency services
• Homeless persons
A violation of the ordinance shall be punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.