BLACKSBURG, Va. (WDBJ7) -- To remember the 32 fallen students and faculty members that had their lives taken from them on April 16, 2007, Virginia Tech will be hosting events across Virginia.
The following events will take place at the April 16th Memorial on Virginia Tech's campus:
Lighting of Ceremonial Candle
• Ceremonial candles will be lit by representatives of the student body and the names of the 32 victims that lost their lives on April 16, 2007, will be read. The Corps of Cadets will stand guard for 32 minutes. The candle will remain lit for 24 hours.
Wreath Laying and Moment of Silence
• 11:27 p.m.
• Members of the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets will stand guard for 32 minutes before extinguishing the ceremonial candles at 11:59 p.m.
Extinguishing of Ceremonial Candle
• 11:59 a.m.
Expressions of Remembrance will be shown around the campus.
• Tuesday, April 8 - Thursday, April 18
• Displays will be featured around the Newman Library honoring the victims who lost their lives and those who were injured on April 16, 2007.
Virginia Tech Southwest Center in Abingdon
• 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
• The Southwest Center will host its 12th Anual Remembrance Blood Drive
• Every donor will receive a free t-shirt
Virginia Tech Alumni Association Chapter Events
12th Annual Memorial Blood Drive (Shenandoah Chapter)
• 11:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
• Food provided by Chick-Fil-A
• To sign up for an appointment, visit Red Cross here.
12th Annual Memorial Blood Drive (Richmond Chapter)
• 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
• Virginia Richmond Center, 2810 N. Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23294
• The Riverfront Plaza, 901 East Byrd Street, Richmond, VA 23219
• To sign up for an appointment, Red Cross visit here
To find the full list of events being hosted across the nation Red Cross here.