Danville announces changes to jail, sentence policies amid coronavirus
The Danville Sheriff's Office has issued a handful of adjustments to the business surrounding jail, courthouse security and the process of civil service as a response to the coronavirus.
1. Defendants currently serving weekend sentences in Danville City Jail: weekend sentences will be suspended until at least April 25, 2020.
2. Those sentenced to serve weekends will have their time start no earlier than April 25, 2020
3. Defendants sentenced with delayed confinement to report to the Danville City Jail will have their delays extended until at least April 25, 2020.
1. In-person visits have been suspended for anyone other than attorneys or medical personnel
2. Select group programs for inmates have been suspended to minimize contact with the public.