Early morning fire at Community Inn Restaurant in Roanoke

By  | 

ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ7) UPDATE:

Fire officials say the cause of the fire at the Community Inn Restaurant in Grandin Village was "improperly disposed of smoking materials". The fire has been ruled accidental and damage estimates are at a minimum $75,000.

UPDATE:
A fire seriously damaged the Community Inn Restaurant in Grandin Village overnight.

Roanoke Fire-EMS says they were called around 2:30 a.m. to the 13-hundred block of Grandin Road. They escalated this to a 2-alarm fire for additional resources.

The fire was brought under control by 4 a.m., but On the Rise bakery has some damage, and the Community Inn was heavily damaged.

No injuries were reported.

ORIGINAL:
Firefighters in Roanoke responded to a fire at Community Inn on Grandin Road in Roanoke early Sunday morning.

The fire started before 2:30 a.m.

WDBJ7 is working to find out more details about this incident.