Early morning fire serves as important reminder in Danville

By  | 

DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ7) An early morning fire in Danville leaves minor damage, but serves as an important reminder.

Residents woke to the smell of smoke just after 2:00 Thanksgiving morning and fire firefighters determined a discarded cigarette started the fire.

The home did not have working smoke detectors, so the fire department installed them while they were there.

The fire department urges anyone that does not have smoke detectors to call them and they will install them for free.

There were no injuries.