Family displaced by house fire in Danville

By  | 

DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ7)-- Three adults and three children have been displaced after an overnight fire in Danville.

The Danville Fire Department says the fire happened at a house on 514 Claiborne Street at around 4 a.m. Wednesday.

They say all of the residents of the house were able to get out safely, but the house was a total loss. The fire department says the fire was caused by either combustibles being too close to a space heater or electrical problems with a space heater.

The Danville Fire Department says the Red Cross is assisting the displaced family.