UPDATE: Fire ruled accidental in nature at Pebble Creek Apartments

By  | 


The fire at Pebble Creek Apartments in Roanoke County has been ruled accidental.

According to Jennifer Sexton, of Roanoke County Fire and Rescue, investigators have determined that the fire was a mechanical failure within a motorized adjustable bed.

Damages to the apartment have been estimated around $60,000, Sexton says. One person has been displaced as a result of the fire.


According to Roanoke County Fire and Rescue, the fire occurred in the 3300 block of Circle Brook Drive.

Upon arrival, crews found smoke coming from the window of an apartment. No injuries were reported in this fire, however, three cats were found deceased.

As a result of the fire, the department says there is some water damage to an unoccupied apartment below.


Roanoke County Fire and Rescue and the Roanoke Fire Department responded to a fire at the Pebble Creek Apartments on Circle Brook Drive in Roanoke County around 1 p.m. Monday.

According to fire crews, a fire caused damage to a third-floor apartment, but the fire is contained.

No one was home at the time of the fire, but two cats have died.

Fire crews are currently working to put out the fire's hot spots.