Advertisement

Fire that destroyed garage in Roanoke County deemed accidental

(WDBJ)
Published: Jan. 6, 2020 at 5:31 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A fire in a detached three-car garage Monday in Cave Spring has been deemed accidental.

Firefighters responded to a home in the 3600 block of Pinevale Road around 4:30 p.m.

The two residents of the home are safe and unharmed. One was in the house when crews responded. The garage sustained serious damage and is a total loss, according to Roanoke County Fire-EMS.

Crews brought the fire under control in around 25 minutes.

The Roanoke County Fire Marshal's Office determined the incident to be accidental due to a fire in the engine compartment of a running car.

Three antique vehicles in the garage, and one outside, were deemed a total loss. Damages are estimated in the area of $200,000.

Copyright 2020 WDBJ7. All rights reserved.