ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ7) -- Firefighters in Roanoke worked to extinguish a fire at Taco Bell on Hershberger Road that happened around 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
According to WDBJ7's Eric Miller, employees first noticed the fire at about 3 p.m., while the fire inspector was in the building.
Employees pointed the smoke out to the inspector before he called for crews to arrive on the scene.
Reports say crews extinguished the fire quickly, and say damage is likely less than $10,000.
Early investigations reveal that the fire was likely started by a discarded cigarette butt.
Employees tell WDBJ7 that Taco Bell will be closed for the next two hours, possibly more.
Stay with us for more updates.