Kids start fire with a lighter in a Danville home

By  | 

DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ7) Children playing with a lighter caused a fire in Danville Wednesday, according to the Danville Fire Department.

Smoke was coming from the basement when units arrived to the residence at 1327 Glenn Street. Everyone in the home was able to evacuate and crews extinguished the fire quickly.

One person was treated for fire-related injuries and transported to Danville Regional Medical Center by the Danville Life Saving Crew.

Crews were on the scene of the fire for about an hour and there was little damage to the home.