LYNCHBURG, Va. (WDBJ7) -- A suspect has been taken into custody by the Lynchburg Police Department after a shooting last week.
The incident happened March 19 at 11:05 p.m. in the 800 block of Greenfield Drive.
Officers investigated reports of shots fired, and say Raynard Graves, Sr., 50, had fired multiple shots in the area.
A warrant was obtained on Graves for reckless handling of a firearm, trespassing, attempting to maliciously shoot, shooting into an occupied dwelling, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and discharging a firearm in the city.
March 25, Graves was found by officers on the 1500 block of Florida Avenue and taken into custody on the outstanding warrants.
After detaining Graves, officers found him in possession of spice, cocaine and a firearm.
Graves has been charged with the following:
• Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
• Carrying a concealed weapon
• Possession with intent to distribute schedule I or II drugs
• Possession with intent to distribute marijuana
• Altering a firearm serial number
• Possession of ammunition by a convicted felon
• Possession of a firearm while in possession with intent to distribute schedule I or II drugs
Copyright 2020 WDBJ7. All rights reserved.