WYTHE Co., (WDBJ7) -- A Pulaski man died early Friday morning after a pursuit turned officer-involved shooting early Thursday morning in Wythe Co.
State police officials said William R. Clark, 31, of Pulaski died at the Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
Clark's acquaintance, Charity Faith Barton, who State Police said was looking for him after the pursuit is facing multiple charges related to methamphetamine and a semi-automatic rifle recovered from her vehicle.
Barton is being charged with the following charges:
• 1 count of possession of a Schedule I/II drug
• 1 count of possession of a Schedule I/II drug with the intent to distribute
• 1 count of possession of a concealed weapon
• 1 count of possession of a stolen firearm
• 1 count of possession of a firearm while in possession of a Schedule I/II drug
• 1 count of possession of a stolen license plate
Officials said additional charges are pending.
Barton is being held at the New River Valley Regional Jail.
During the incident, Clark rammed his F-350 pickup truck into a Wythe County Sheriff's Deputy and then "intentionally" hit a Virginia State Police trooper head-on. Injuring a Wythe County Sheriff's Deputy and Virginia State Police trooper, both were treated and released.
The incident and officer-involved shooting will remain under investigation by the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation's Wytheville Field Office.
In accordance with State Police policy, the trooper involved in the shooting has been placed on administrative leave.
Find the original story here.