Child rescued after 2 hours stuck in chimney

A child rescued after getting stuck in a chimney. (Source: NBC12)
By  | 

DINWIDDIE, Va. (WWBT) - A child became trapped in a chimney Tuesday after climbing out a window.

Officials said the child became stuck at a home in the 11230 block of White Oak Road in Dinwiddie just after 10:30 a.m. It took rescue crews two hours to free the child.

The child was said to have crawled out of a window and down the chimney.

The child was taken to the hospital for some scrapes, and officials were concerned they possibly breathed in some soot.

Copyright 2019 WWBT. All rights reserved.