ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ7)-- The City of Roanoke has had to close multiple roadways due to flooding.
The following roadways have been closed or have barricades ready for use should water levels rise, and the list is evolving:
- 2100 block of Bennington St. SE
- 3400 block Overbrook St. SE
- Treemont Dr. & Fairland Rd.
- 2200 block of Wise Ave., SE
- Baldwin Ave. & Tuck Ave.
- Wiley Dr., SW between Crystal Spring & Franklin Rd.
- Edgewood St. & Brandon Ave.
-13th St. NE & Baldwin Ave.
- 13th St., NE & Mason Mill
- Bridge at Crestmoor Dr., SW
- 2200 block of Mt. Vernon (closed due to low hanging wire - crews are working on this)
- 3500/3600 block of Oliver Rd., NE
- 400 block of Huntington Rd., NE
- 2200 block of Mt. Vernon Rd.
- Cravens Creek/Deyerle Rd., SW
- 400 block of Arbor Ave., SE
- 1900 block of Belleview Ave., SE
- 700 Orange Ave., NE
- Winchester Ave., SW & Winona Ave., SW
Barricade Pre-set Locations:
-10th St. SW & Campbell Ave. SW
-9th St. SW & Campbell Ave. SW
-Vale Ave. & Gus Nicks Blvd.
-Kermit Ave. & Clyde St.
-Franklin Rd. & Wiley Dr.
-Edgewood St. & Malvern Rd.
-Shaffers Crossing (both ends on Salem Ave. and Johnson Ave.)
-Orchard Rd. & Mud Lick Rd.
-Mud Lick Rd. & Brandon Ave.
-1200 block of Aspen (man hole cover has been pushed up due to excessive rain - barricades have been deployed for awareness)
- Wonju & Franklin (man hole cover has been pushed up due to excessive rain - barricades have been deployed for awareness)
The city wants to remind drivers never to go around barricades or drive through flooded roadways.
For updated information on evolving road closures, visit the city's Facebook page.
Copyright 2020 WDBJ7. All rights reserved.