SALEM, Va. (WDBJ7)- Many roads and areas in our region have been closed due to current weather conditions, and flash flood watches are in effect for some localities.
Below is a list of roads in Salem that have been closed due to flooding:
- Butt Hollow from Locust Grove to Main Street
- Everly Lane
- Front Ave from Palmer to Mineral
- Horner Lane
-Mill Lane near the Mill Lane Bridge
- West Riverside Drive from Mountain Ave to Kings Mill, Front to Eddy and Colorado to Front
- McVitty Road from Tremont to Homestead
- Franklin Street from Tyler Way to Upland
- Horner Lane from Wildwood to Main
- Epperly Lane
-E. Riverside from Riverland to Manchester
-Indiana Street near Salem Dog Park
Even though this area has flooded before, it’s still crazy to see. Horner Ln. in Salem is impassable. At LEAST 18 inches, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more. pic.twitter.com/p6lHyrLNjN— Katey Roshetko (@KateyRoshetkoTV) May 21, 2020
Remember to never drive through standing water or around barricades.
For more information on river levels and forecasts, click here.
Copyright 2020 WDBJ7. All rights reserved.