ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ7) -- Crews are at the scene of the Ridge and Colonial Yorktown apartments in Roanoke where elevated levels of carbon monoxide have been reported.
Officials say the levels were elevated in every unit, and they had to get people out of the building because they could not find the source.
6 residents reported symptoms including headaches and dizziness.
4 were transported to Lewis Gale, and 2 drove themselves to Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
A total of 12 units and 25 people were evacuated.
Roanoke Gas and building maintenance will work to locate the source of the carbon monoxide once everyone is out of the apartments.
The Red Cross is working to make arrangements for some of the people who are out of their homes.