(WDBJ7) - Virginia State Parks will be closing its overnight accommodations and indoor facilities through the end of April.
The closure goes into effect Friday and includes all overnight facilities like cabins, campgrounds, camping cabins and yurts. It also includes indoor resources like restrooms and bathhouses, Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation said.
Reservations will be canceled and reservation holders will be given an automatic refund.
State Parks will still be available for day-use activities like hiking, biking, wildlife viewing and exercise.
The Department recommends the following for day-use visits:
- Stay close to home
- Guests should bring their own soap and hand sanitizer
- Groups and gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited and restrictions will be enforced by park staff
- Guests should stay at least 6 feet from each other
- People should announce their presence on trails and step aside to let others pass at a safe distance
- Parking fees remain in place and guests should be prepared to self-pay with cash or check
Copyright 2020 WDBJ7. All rights reserved.