Wood stove malfunction causes house fire in Henry County

By  | 

HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WDBJ7) -- Officials with the Collinsville Volunteer Fire Department -- among other agencies -- say they responded to a house fire in the Collinsville area of Henry County.

No injuries were reported in the fire, but Tyler Beam, Chief of the Collinsville Volunteer Fire Department says the fire was the result of a wood stove malfunction, and arriving crews found the home completely engulfed in flames.

Chief Beam says firefighters arrived at 4065 Daniels Creek Road around 10:34 a.m. to extinguish the fire. Beam says the fire was put to rest very quickly.

"My guys, they do a really awesome job. They're good at what they do," Beam said.

There is no word on how many people lived at the home or how much the damages will cost the homeowners.