Nationals vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 14
The Pittsburgh Pirates (68-78) and Washington Nationals (65-81) meet on Thursday at 12:35 PM ET.
The Pirates will call on Mitch Keller (11-9) against the Nationals and Josiah Gray (7-11).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Nationals vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Time: 12:35 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Keller - PIT (11-9, 4.23 ERA) vs Gray - WSH (7-11, 4.13 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Nationals Injury Report|
|Pirates vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Pirates vs Nationals Player Props|
|Pirates vs Nationals Prediction|
|How to Watch Pirates vs Nationals|
|Pirates vs Nationals Odds|
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Josiah Gray
- The Nationals are sending Gray (7-11) out to make his 28th start of the season. He is 7-11 with a 4.13 ERA and 122 strikeouts in 141 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Sunday, Sept. 3 against the Miami Marlins, when the right-hander tossed four innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 25-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.13, with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 27 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .254 batting average against him.
- Gray is trying to pick up his 10th quality start of the year.
- Gray has put up 21 starts this year that he pitched five or more innings.
- In three of his 27 total appearances this season he has not allowed an earned run.
Josiah Gray vs. Pirates
- He will take the mound against a Pirates offense that ranks 25th in the league with 1150 total hits (on a .237 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .390 (25th in the league) with 142 total home runs (27th in MLB play).
- In six innings over one appearance against the Pirates this season, Gray has a 1.5 ERA and a 1 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .143.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Mitch Keller
- The Pirates' Keller (11-9) will make his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Friday, when he threw five innings against the Atlanta Braves, giving up eight earned runs while allowing 12 hits.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 29 games this season with an ERA of 4.23, a 3.75 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.288.
- In 29 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 16 of them.
- Keller will look to finish five or more innings for the 29th start in a row.
- In 29 appearances this season, he has finished four without allowing an earned run.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 27-year-old ranks 35th in ERA (4.23), 37th in WHIP (1.288), and 13th in K/9 (9.8).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.