Andy Dalton vs. Geno Smith in Week 3: Panthers vs. Seahawks Preview, Stats
The September 24 matchup between the Seattle Seahawks (1-1) and the Carolina Panthers (0-2) will feature a showdown between quarterbacks Geno Smith and Andy Dalton at Lumen Field. Below, we highlight all of the numbers and trends you need to know about these two signal callers heading into this week's contest.
Panthers vs. Seahawks Game Info
- Game Date: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Venue: Lumen Field
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Dalton this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Andy Dalton vs. Geno Smith Matchup
|Andy Dalton||2022 Stats||Geno Smith|
|2,871 (205.1)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||4,282 (251.9)|
|54 (3.9)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||366 (21.5)|
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
|PointsBet||Click Here||2x Second Chance Bets Up To $2,000|
Other Matchup Previews
- Click here for Jalen Hurts vs. Baker Mayfield in Week 3
- Click here for Patrick Mahomes II vs. Justin Fields in Week 3
- Click here for Kenny Pickett vs. Jimmy Garoppolo in Week 3
- Click here for Matthew Stafford vs. Joe Burrow in Week 3
Seahawks Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Seahawks had trouble on defense, giving up 23.6 points per game (26th in NFL).
- When it came to defending the pass, Seattle ranked 14th in the NFL with 3,595 passing yards allowed (211.5 per game) and 15th in yards allowed per pass attempt (6.6).
- Against the run, the Seahawks' defense was stuck in neutral last season, as it ranked third-to-last in the league with 150.2 rushing yards per game allowed. In terms of yards per attempt, the team ranked 26th in the NFL with 4.9 yards allowed per run attempt.
- On defense, Seattle ranked 27th in the NFL in terms of third-down efficiency allowed, with a mark of 42.3%. It was 24th in red-zone percentage allowed at 59.6%.
Who comes out on top when the Seahawks and the Panthers square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Panthers Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Panthers ceded 374 points, ranking 19th in the league with 22 points allowed per contest. In terms of total yards, they ranked 22nd in the NFL with 5,953 total yards allowed (350.2 per contest).
- When it came to defending the pass, Carolina was bottom-10 in passing yards allowed last year, giving up the 10th-most passing yards in the NFL with 3,868 (227.5 per game). It also ranked 19th in yards allowed per pass attempt (6.7).
- Against the run, the Panthers were middle-of-the-road last season, ranking 18th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed with 2,085 (122.6 per game).
- On defense, Carolina ranked 23rd in the NFL in terms of third-down efficiency allowed, with a mark of 41.1%. It was 18th in red-zone efficiency allowed at 56.1%.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.